If you are the buyer or seller, home inspections are essential. Our in-depth report is based on a 250 plus checklist examining the condition of a house’s foundation, physical structure, systematic features, and much more. First Choice Home Inspection is properly licensed and certified to perform a variety of home inspections including preliminary, commercial, residential, and aging-in-place inspections. For your convenience, our reports include information on local contractors who can help you address any hazardous or cosmetic repairs found.
How a Home Inspection is Beneficial to Buyers and Sellers
After a potential buyer has their inspection report, they can move forward in one of three ways:
- Proceed with closing on the house
- Negotiate repairs or a reduction in asking price
- Rescind their offer on the home
After a seller’s home inspection is complete, their report allows a seller the following opportunities:
- Address needed or cosmetic repairs before house is listed
- Places seller in a strong position for negotiations
- Streamlines the escrow process to close on a sale in less time
Home inspections allow homeowners to make the most well-informed decisions about their real estate investments. This includes making decisions about your home 5, 10, 20 years down the line. Contact us today and learn more about how in-place-aging inspections are helping senior citizens live independently.